Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And the personality award goes to ...

... the small stores of Chester, California.

One of the things that always strikes me about small towns like Chester is the lack of the corporate. No Wal-mart, Kinko's, Starbucks or Wendy's brandished its cloned presence in this small haven. In fact, the only mainstream name I saw was Subway, and the shop was closed down.

Now, I am not a total hater of the corporate chain. I so sympathize with the mom and pop stores that get closed down when these corporate behemoth's roll into town. But my greatest commodity is time and these places are just so convenient.

Anyway, I loved driving through Chester because of the creative store names. The pics below represent my favorites of this edition of "tHE pERSOnaLITy aWarD."




















































No comments:

Post a Comment